Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Notes about ISFL

- Bruno Arnason vacates ISFL World Openweight Championship: Bruno Arnason, who won the ISFL World Openweight Championship at ISFL 12, on January 24th, has decided to vacate the belt: "I came to ISFL because I wanted to prove to myself that I still had what I had, and I've never lost it", said Arnason, referring to his previous run in mixed martial arts, in 2009-10. "Now that I've won the title, and I'm still undefeated, I don't think I have something else to prove. I'm thankful to ISFL for giving me the opportunity to fight, but I think my time here is over". Arnason retired from MMA after 15 wins in 15 fights, 6 of those in ISFL.

- Aidan Kerr was released from his contract. The fighter from New Zealand was released from his contract from ISFL, today. Kerr had 2 wins and 7 losses while fighting for ISFL.

- Kieran Bordin is found to be alive and well: After losing the ISFL World Openweight Championship, at ISFL 10, back in December, Kieran Bordin suddenly disappeared and was nowhere to be found. After nearly two months, Bordin appeared in the ISFL Arena to train. He explained that while he disappeared, he wanted to be alone with his own thoughts and to train, as well. Bordin wants to have a rematch with Jamie Lewin, and he can, since the rematch was supposed to happen at ISFL 11, but it never happened, after Bordin disappearing.

- ISFL World Openweight Championship will be up for grabs in a 4-man tournament: At ISFL 13, there will be a 4-man tournament to determine the new ISFL World Openweight Champion. The four men will be: Jérôme Sokoloff (8 wins, 4 losses), Jamie Lewin (7 wins, 4 losses), Kieran Bordin (12 wins, 1 loss) and Heiko Jussianen (8 wins, 5 losses). In the first round, at ISFL 13, there will be Sokoloff vs. Lewin and Bordin vs. Jussianen. The winners will face each other in the finals, also at ISFL 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment